TERMS & CONDITIONS
This document tells you the terms and conditions upon which we sell and supply the goods to you. Before confirming your order please read through these terms and conditions and print a copy for future reference. By ordering any of the Goods from us, you agree to be legally bound by these Conditions. You will be unable to proceed with your purchase if you do not accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to revise and amend the Website, our disclaimers and the Conditions at any time without notice to you.
- BOOKING FEE/PAYMENTS. A booking is only made when the company receives a non refundable booking fee of £50, to be paid within 10 working days of the proposal and quote being sent out and is required to secure the event date. The Booking Fee is applied towards the contracted order and is deducted from the final invoice. The final balance is payable 4 weeks before completion. For orders with less than 4 weeks notice, the full payment is required on confirmation and is non-refundable.
- PROPOSAL. The proposal represents the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of the proposal. Sketches and photographs included are our own unless otherwise stated. These are an accurate representation of our cakes. Each design is individually calculated to provide the most accurate quote based on the content and the skilled time element involved in making each design. As each cake is a handmade one off creation, the details may vary and colours may not be exactly as pictured.
- PRICE. The cost of the cake is quoted on your proposal. We reserve the right, by giving notice to you at any time before delivery or performance of our obligations to you, to increase the price of the Goods to reflect any increase in the cost to us due to any factor beyond our control (such as without limitation, any foreign exchange fluctuation, significant increase in the costs of labour, materials or other costs of manufacture). In the unlikely event of this occurring, you shall be entitled to cancel the order at any time before delivery.
- STAND HIRE. We offer a small selection of cake stands for hire suited to tiered cakes and cupcakes. Please note that all of our cake stands are available only if ordered with a cake. For all stands there is a hire cost and £100 holding deposit. This is payable in full along with the cake order and will be detailed in your proposal. Cake stands are to be returned within 3 working days of your event. Alternatively we can arrange collection from your venue for an additional charge. The holding deposit will then be refunded upon the return of the cake stand, providing there are no damages.
- FOOD ALLERGIES & SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS. All of the cakes are crafted in an environment where nuts, dairy and wheat are readily available and therefore may not suitable for allergy sufferers. All of our cakes can be made gluten free and alcohol free and taste just as delicious without. Please let us know about any allergies during the consultation. The company can not guarantee that any of its products does not contain any substances that may cause allergic reactions. The customer is responsible for advising their guests on this and the company will not accept any liability for any loss, damage or injury from exposure to anything which might cause an allergic reaction such as (without limitation) nut, nut product or alcohol. The customer is also advised that although the icing, petals and leaves are edible some decorations are not, such as wires, ribbons, jewels, board etc. The customer is responsible for advising their guests of this and the company will not accept any liability of any loss, damage, or injury arising from any such exposure.
- DELIVERY. Delivery charges vary according to mileage and distance of the delivery location. As part of our delivery service we will liaise with the events manager of your venue to schedule a delivery and set up time. We accept no responsibility for any additions to the cake not supplied by the company for example cake toppers, brooches etc. Whilst we handle these with care, we cannot guarantee the robustness of quality after the original set up. Once the order has been delivered the customer is responsible and the company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising. Signature for handover of responsibility will be obtained from The Client/Venue. If no person is available upon delivery and setup of the Cake, photographic evidence is always obtained as proof of delivery and condition of cake. If you would like to save part of the cake etc, please ensure you have made a member of staff at your venue fully aware of this. The company will not accept any liability for loss or damage arising when it is not able to deliver due to adverse weather conditions, road hazards or conditions. The company will keep the customer informed in these conditions. The company shall not be responsible for any default in its obligations where delivery of the order is prevented or delayed through other events beyond the reasonable control of the company.
- ALTERATIONS. Where possible we will accommodate any changes you wish to make to your order at our discretion and charge you for the additional costs accrued. Please note as wedding cakes require longer lead-times we ask that changes are made no less than 4 weeks prior to completion. Any changes you wish to make to your order must be confirmed in writing or by email.
- CANCELLATIONS. Loren Brand Cakes offers a bespoke service and is therefore limited in how many bookings are taken for any given week. Should you cancel your order more than 4 weeks before completion, please note that the holding deposit is non-refundable and any specially ordered items and work already undertaken in accordance with your order is chargeable in addition. For orders cancelled within 4 weeks of the completion date, the full balance will be charged. Cancellations MUST be in writing.
- LIMIT OF LIABILITY. In the very unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative Cake Designer. Loren Brand Cakes will make every effort to secure a replacement cake designer able and / or willing to provide similar products and services as chosen in this contract at the same / similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event.
- COMMENTS. If you have a comment, concern or complaint about any Goods you have purchased from us, please contact us via email at email@example.com Refunds are given only in exceptional circumstances as deemed appropriate by Loren Brand Cakes.
- REVIEWS. You acknowledge that any review, feedback or rating which you leave may be published by us on the Website and you agree that it may be displayed for as long as we consider appropriate and that the content may be syndicated to our publications or marketing materials. We reserve the right to publish, edit or remove any reviews without notifying you.
T&C Loren Brand Cakes 2018